Organization Name: Swaminarayan Academy
Job Title: Librarian
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Education
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Librarian to join our team. As a librarian, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloging library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets and planning book sales. For this position, you will have to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, as a great part of your job will involve interacting with the local community including parents, students, and young children. The ideal candidate should also possess in-depth knowledge of library database systems, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Collect and catalog library resources including books, and publications.
- Help the pupils locate reference and leisure reading materials.
- Maintain library records and ensure it is updated.
- Perform regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
- Manage budgeting, planning, and employee activities.
- Oversee the check-out process for books and other resource materials.
- Organize and host book sales, and other reading events.
- Clarify the use of library amenities and provide information about library policies.
- Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Library Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in library.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be Kenya Citizens
Method of Application
Applicants should email a CV with a covering letter addressed to the principal before 9th April 2021.
Shree Swaminarayan Academy
P.O. Box41551. Mombasa
Application Deadline is 2021-04-10. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are invited from qualified, competent and experienced staff for the above positions.