Preferred Position Locations: Washington, DC; Kampala, Uganda; Kigali, Rwanda; or Nairobi, Kenya.
Reports to: President
Member of: LifeNet Leadership Team
Supervises: One Uganda-based digital team member
Applications Open Until: October 31, 2020
- Significantly increase the number of partner healthcare facilities;
- Improve quality of care for millions more, saving and improving more lives;
- Expand our work to include community health workers and referral hospitals; and
- Implement additional digital innovations in the healthcare sector.
• Lead the implementation of LifeNet’s current COVID-19 communications and training platform (designed by Praekelt’s turn.io) and develop a plan for the transition of this technology and platform for new uses in LifeNet after the COVID-19 response ends.
• Ensure that underpinning capabilities (people, processes, technology and information) are in place to deliver digitally-enabled business efficiency.
• Execute robust vendor search and evaluation processes, make recommendations to the LifeNet executive team and board, and lead implementation across the organization for all software and hardware adopted.
• Closely partner with the LifeNet Medical Director (also a new position) to develop a process for adapting and digitizing LifeNet’s hard copy training materials as well as ensuring the accuracy, efficacy and contextual appropriateness of all digital curricula with a goal of improving healthcare clinician learning and practice.
• In partnership with the Director of M&E, develop strategic plans and set timelines for the development, evaluation and deployment of all digital tools with a goal of strengthening and improving LifeNet’s M&E system and outputs.
• Coordinate closely with field staff and partner healthcare facilities to ensure that all digital tools and materials are accurate and appropriate to the context in which they are used. • Collaborate regularly with teams in LifeNet field countries to proactively identify challenges/opportunities and develop digitally-enabled solutions in response
• Lead the development of digital-tools training materials for use with LifeNet and healthcare facility staff that will facilitate the effective implementation of adopted digital platforms and tools.
• Remain current on industry standards, innovations, and new tools—e.g., telehealth, learning tech, electronic health records, etc.—with an emphasis on those that will maximize the impact of LifeNet and its partner facilities.
• Oversee and manage processes related to the delivery and support of digital tools (software and hardware) in the US and field country offices.
• Work closely with field country management teams to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Strong track record in a combination of digital/IT and information roles with a focus on digital enablement/transformation, ideally in a healthcare or health systems strengthening organization.
• Ability to demonstrate a strategic and innovative approach to delivery of outputs and outcomes.
• Good understanding of and high level of interest in emerging technologies and their potential uses, especially in the majority world healthcare sector.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to identify and focus on the issues that matter, to separate the urgent from the important, and to provide clear, cogent and coherent advice on digital enablement issues.
• Proven track record of developing high-performing teams, demonstrating an ability to motivate and lead in a cross-functional, geographically-dispersed, and culturally-diverse environment.
• Proven track record in leading collaboratively by working successfully with others in cross-functional teams to create solutions.
• Relevant experience working in or with developing country organizations, specifically sub-Saharan Africa.
• Professional fluency in English required, French is a plus.
• Successful experience in project management.
• Experience in low-resource healthcare settings a plus.
• Willingness to travel to field countries on a regular basis.
• Alignment with LifeNet’s Christian identity and mission philosophy and sensitivity to LifeNet partners’ religious beliefs and contexts.