Organization Name: PSI
Job Title:Management Information Systems Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: I.T
- PSI seeks dynamic candidates with an interest in routine health data monitoring systems and data visualization for the position of Management Information System (MIS) Officer.
- The successful candidate will work closely with program and M&E teams to provide support relating to configuration, maintenance, technical support and use of MIS like DHIS2, PSI’s global information management system, and others, as need be.
- The main focus will be supporting and maintaining complex configuration of program monitoring systems, exploring interoperability solutions between MIS (ie DHIS2 and PowerBI), managing data bases, troubleshooting, conducting general system administration, development of analytics tables and dashboards, as well as compiling technical documentation for the maintenance and use of MIS for country program and M&E staff.
- The MIS Officer will work on a variety of public health programs which cover a variety of health areas, like malaria, sexual and reproductive health, HIV and COVID-19, and s/he will contribute to promoting and supporting use of digital health interventions for better use of program data for decision-making.Sounds interesting? Read on!
Provide MIS configuration, administration, maintenance and use support:
- Configuration of multi-country and program monitoring systems in MIS like DHIS2 and others to meet organizational standards, and provide data users quality and timely access to analytics tables to support their decision-making process
- Create, maintain and support MIS configurations across multiple countries and multiple health areas, including troubleshooting and technical assistance to country M&E teams
- Importing / exporting data and metadata across MIS
- Create and maintain data quality checks and data validation rules
- Support development of analytics reports, tables, visualizations and dashboards tailored to data-users’ needs
- Provide technical assistance to
strengthen use of MIS data to support evidence-based decision-making
Provide capacity building support:
- Develop technical documentation resources to build capacity of country program and M&E staff in the areas of maintenance and use of MIS, respectively
Offer timely troubleshooting and technical support to country program and M&E staff in the areas of maintenance and use of MISWhat are we looking for?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in managing information and database systems
- Proven experience working with DHIS2 and other MIS on system configuration and maintenance
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience constructing SQL queries and managing databases
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational and multitaskHow to Apply
- All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya. PSI will not sponsor work permits
Status: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than June 12th, 2020 to
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: MIS Officer
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required. The service is expected to start end of June 2020 or beginning of July 2020