Employer’s Name: Mount Kenya University
Job Title: Manager , Employee Relations Welfare and Reward Management
Job Category: HR , Human Resources
Application Deadline: 14th August 2020
- Review and create consistent, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits policies and guidelines that are aligned to the University’s culture and changing business needs.
- Ensure the University’s compensation practices are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Create and analyze job descriptions, job evaluations and job classifications.
- Conduct regular market surveys and benchmarking to define benchmarks and guide policy formulation.
- Effectively manage employee benefits, that is, medical insurance, gratuity/final dues, staff leave and provident fund.
- Process staff member’s loans in compliance with the Employment Act, 2007
- Assess employee needs by conducting organizational surveys to find out what motivates and engages employees.
- Manage the staff welfare scheme through facilitation of relevant staff welfare kitty payments and University bereavement entitlement for bereaved staff.
- Provide advice and guidance on all the employee relations aspects of pay and reward projects, changes to pay related terms and conditions of employment, pay reviews and their implementation.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Human Resource directorate.
- Deploy effective communication strategies that ensure staff are aware of their remuneration and benefits.
- Develop a progressive, business focused employee relations strategy that meets the current and future needs of the University.
- Identify and implement positive employee relations programmes, in consultation with the relevant stakeholder groups, that will lead to a more efficient and motivated workforce.
- Provide responsive and high quality support, training and advice to section heads to ensure the appropriate management of all employee relations issues including change management, grievances, poor performance and disciplinary action.
- Manage effectively all grievances, litigation and employment tribunal cases for the University.
- Respond to any legal litigation to ensure both the credibility and integrity of the University is not compromised.
- Develop and review employment policies and procedures in line with relevant employment legislation.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System in the Directorate in line with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- Work in liaison with the OSHA department to maintain safety standards in the University in compliance with OSHA Act, 2007.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Holder of a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent from a recognized University.
- 5 years’ experience in Administration at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
Skills and Core Competences:
- Possess effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills, as well as logical and sound decision making ability;
- Possess strong strategic planning and change management skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Possess firm, fair and transparent management style; and
- Be a creative, ethical, innovative and transformative leader
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Successful candidates shall be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Mount Kenya University terms and conditions of service.
Applications Requirements /Procedure
- Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence through the email address below attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) that clearly indicates the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only email (softcopy) applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 14th August 2020
will be considered for evaluation.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.