Organization Name: G4S
Job Title: National Credit and Billing Manager
Job Type; Full time
Job Category: Finance
- Ensure that there is a clear process of billing and staff involved have full understanding which leads to quality invoice generation.
- Authenticate billing documents for credit customers to ensure that only billing items that meet the set minimum standards are approved for invoicing.
Credit Risk Assessment
- Approves credit customers booking in line with both credit policy and company credit risk appetite.
- Oversee credit vetting process of new customers and ensure that all exceptions are approved before sanctioning as per company credit authority approval levels.
Credit Risk Monitoring
- Monitor company debt book risk movement and advise senior management on possible options of mitigating adverse portfolio risk levels.
- Ensure that all credit matters escalated to senior management are dealt with and closed within credit function acceptable timelines.
- Closely monitor accounts of high risk concentration and advise management on mitigation measures which minimizes credit loses.
- Review accounts due for legal process and ensure that only accounts which meet minimum set requirement are handed over to legal department.
- Facilitate provision of court evidences relating to legal debt recovery which improves chances of company success in legal process.
- Ensures that company debt book contribute to P&L growth through sustainable internal and external (legal, debt collection agents) bad debt recovery.
- Manages performance of external debt collection agent to ensure that their cost do not exceed recovery at any given time.
- Put measures in place which ensures that general and administration cost for credit & billing staff are maintained at an acceptable level.
Processes/Policy Custodian and Staff Performance Management
- Champion of Credit & Billing processes/policies for the company and ensure that the processes are reviewed regularly to ensure that they remain relevance to company from time to time.
- Manage human resource assigned to credit & billing and ensure that maximum productivity is achieved in line with HR policy.
Projects and Reporting
- Initiate projects for credit & billing perceived as beneficial to company growth and success
- Present credit related management reports to Company Executive Committee.
- Ensures that there is always plan for business continuity which is viable and sustain credit & billing performance without major shortcomings.
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Management/Finance/Mathematics
- Credit related training at tertiary level
- Master’s Degree are advantageous
- Understanding of the Kenya market
- Understanding of the Kenya legislation
- Five to eight years experience in Credit Management
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- ERP system(s)
- Google suite of products
Behavioural Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
Behavioural Skills – Management
- Awareness of the marketing environment
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
Behavioural Skills – Leadership
- Shaping the market environment
- Setting strategic direction
- Creating change and innovation
- Engaging and inspiring people
- Driving superior performance
- Simplifying the complex