Employer’s Name: Nedbank Ltd
Job Title: Head – Nedbank Eastern Africa Rep Office
Job Location: Nairobi
- To act as Country Head of Nedbank Limited’s (Nedbank) Kenya Representative Office (KRO) and represent Nedbank in East Africa in all respects.
- To manage the KRO to ensure that all operational, legal and regulatory commitments and obligations of the KRO are fully met.
- To support the development and execution of Nedbank’s business strategy in the East African market.
- To strategically position Nedbank in the East African market by promoting its services through a marketing and liaison role, provide Nedbank with information regarding the market and economic developments in East Africa, to provide information and advice regarding the East African market to clients and other local parties which intend to develop activities in countries in which Nedbank operates.
- To originate deals using personal regional and country networks and leveraging the existing Ecobank networks and existing clients.
- To incorporate Nedbank’s strong expertise and experience within the Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking (“Nedbank CIB”) sector and facilitate collaboration across the relevant CIB product areas.
- To manage and monitor Nedbank’s investments and exposures in the East African market.
- Manage the day to day business and affairs of the KRO subject to Nedbank Group board approved policies and authority levels
- Execute those aspects of the 3-year business plans as approved by CIB Exco in a manner that is consistent with local regulation and in conformance with Nedbank policies and procedures.
- Pro-actively monitor and analyse sector news and developments that are pertinent to selected clients. Look for opportunities, gaps and ideas to source business leads and solutions to generate deal flow
- Build long term professional and collaborative relationships with clients
- Promote the Nedbank brand on the ground
- Originate deals in East Africa on behalf of Nedbank CIB. Evaluate, filter and where applicable, refer lead to the appropriate Nedbank CIB product team for further assessment and execution.
- Forge close dealings with Nedbank CIB particularly across the various product and transactional teams
- Understand the Nedbank CIB’s risk policy/appetite, internal procedures, product and information requirements in order to field/vet transactions and to enhance the quality of transactions referred to the product areas.
- Establish an appropriate operating model and governance framework between the KRO and Nedbank CIB (interfacing with Head: CIB Offshore Operations and Head: Commodity Export and Structured Asset Finance)
- Develop and maintain a strong, effective internal control and risk management environment and key policies and procedures for conducting business activities.
- Professional Qualifications/ Degree
- Honours Degree/ CA/MBA/CFA
Type of Exposure
- Experience of running a business.
- Proven success in developing & implementing strategy & transformational imperatives
- Investment banking
- Developing a departmental strategic plan
- Relevant regulatory knowledge –
- Managing complex boardroom dynamics
- Developing succession plans
- Conducting benchmarking and analysis to investigate improvement opportunities
- Networking and Building key relationships
- Managing a function or division
Minimum Experience Level
- 10- 15 years investment banking experience, with a demonstrated track record of originating deals. Experience working in the East Africa market and a strong existing network particularly in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. Local know- how in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Rwanda
- Experience with interfacing with regulators in the relevant jurisdictions and relevant experience regarding local regulatory and legal requirements
- Experience with business operations and the establishment and oversight of internal controls
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Performance management
- Business administration and management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Strategies
- Diversity management
- Stakeholder management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Competitor Knowledge
- Corporate finance knowledge
- Independent and self-starting
- Ability to operate with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to build structures and teams
- Strong interpersonal capabilities
- Big picture but also attention to detail
Preference to be given to candidates with East African origin.
Click below to apply