Organization Name: Mpesa Foundation Academy
Job Title: Personal Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Project Management
Reports to: MYP Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To support the MYP Coordinator in his/her role to ensure the complete and effective organisation and administration of Personal Project in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) and to effectively manage the Personal Projects Core Component of the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP).
- Introduce students to the Personal Project process.
- Enable students to consult the appropriate subject guide to check that their project area complies with the general requirements of the subject.
- Ensure that students are aware of and understand the concept of academic integrity in the context of the PP process.
- Collaborate with the Librarian to ensure that the MYP students have been trained in study and referencing skills— and if need be run sessions in researching and study
- skills with the library.
- Work with PP supervisors to ensure they have a shared understanding of the responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Ensure that there is a PP timeline with clear internal deadlines and agreed processes for referral and support if needed.
- Ensure that the librarian is fully included in the process, to support students as and when required.
- Ensure that there is a Shared understanding between supervisors and students.
- Ensure that the MYP students are furnished with the PP Assessment Criteria.
- Introduce, explain and support the reflection process and provide supervisors and students with the general and subject-specific information and guidelines for the PP.
- Ensure that legal guardians and candidates understand the PP and assessment requirements of the MYP.
- Liaise with the MYPC in the administration, procedures and the requirements in conduct of the PP among staff and students as stipulated in the recent PP Guide.
- Supervises PP supervisors, providing guidance and support as need arise.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use technology as a tool for planning and implementing instructional strategies.
- Be detailed-oriented, self-motivated, inspirational and patient.
- Work closely with MYP Coordinator to create Personal Project timelines.
- Plan and deliver orientation seminars on Personal Project for current MYP 4&5 students and teachers.
- Emphasis on ATLs and ATTs respectively.
- Arrange for various sessions with MYP 4 & 5 students throughout the Personal Project calendar
- Be responsible for effective implementation of the Personal Project including service inductions for all teachers and ensuring that MYP students are familiar with Global
- Contexts and the accompanying strands.
- Guide supervisors through the marking and standardization of PP.
- Organize the Personal Project Exhibition to showcase students’ projects
- Embed a bespoke ICT program in the management and execution.
- The Executive Head may adjust the scope of duties and responsibilities at their discretion.
Method of Application
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th August, 2021 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials,
certificate of good conduct, a detailed CV, and contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.