Organization Name: Karatina University
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Procurement
Basic Salary for this position is between Kshs. 108,714 by Kshs. 4,250/= to Kshs.155,461/=
This job exists to plan for the procurement of goods, services and works as well as facilitate disposal of obsolete, surplus and unserviceable assets to ensure smooth operations within the University
- Supervise staff to ensure they carry out their duties as allocated for the smooth operations of the Department.
- Prepare the University’s procurement plan to facilitate purchase of goods, services and works and ensure smooth operations within the University.
- Prequalify suppliers to ensure that the university maintains a list of reliable suppliers.
- Coordinate disposal of obsolete, surplus and unserviceable assets to utilize storage space optimally and avoid holding assets that are uneconomical.
- Advise on any irregularities in supplies procurement and management to ensure compliance with regulations and statutory requirements.
- Coordinate evaluation of tenders to ensure awards are made to the lowest evaluated bidders.
- Attend to Audit queries on purchasing operations to ensure compliance with set procurement laws, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and implement procurement processes through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Coordinate the University’s Quality Management Systems (QMS) in the Department to guarantee quality of service delivery.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by a senior officer
Job Requirements for Appointment
- Master’s Degree in relevant field or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least seven (7) years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Information Communication Technology.
- Membership registration with a relevant professional body.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
Method of Application
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 5th October, 2021.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101