Organization Name: Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Job Title:Program Assistant-Nairobi
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Programme Management
General description of the position: The Program Assistant (PA) will support the Head of Programs in the identification of needs and development of appropriate responses, proposal writing and grants management, and ensuring that timely and quality reports are delivered to donors, HQ and other stakeholders.
The Program Assistant will work in close collaboration with MEAL team ensuring that MEAL plans meet projects needs and qualitative and relevant data and information is gathered, stored, analyzed and used for reporting and other requirements.
The program Assistant will support the Head of Programs and the HR Manager in developing and implementing a training plan for the staff on the field.
Identification of needs
- Contribute to the development of TOR for needs assessment, situation analyses or protection assessments in the area of intervention or as part of prospection of other geographical areas.
- Organize all the administrative, HR and logistical reequipments and will conduct such exercises.
- Develop in collaboration with MEAL department the methodology and tools required to conduct these exercises.
- Draft mission reports and technical reports containing findings and recommendations.
Proposal development and grants management
- Support the Head of Programs in proposal development compiling and analyzing contextual information, humanitarian indicators and needs assessments.
- Contribute to develop annexes for proposals and additional information which donors could ask for.
- Manage the overall control over project reporting timelines and work plans. S/he will follow with the field teams that the plan for reports submission is respected.
- Support the Head of Programs in reporting revision and compliance with donor/HQ requirements.
Support to MEAL department
- Ensure that MEAL plans are implemented as planned. Work on close collaboration with MEAL team and the Project Managers in the field and ensure that the teams in the field have the necessary support.
- In collaboration with MEAL department, ensure that the required information and data is available for reporting purposes.
- In collaboration with MEAL manager, identify implementation delays that will be bring to attention of the Head of Programs and Project Managers.
Training planning and development
- Oversee the collection and the analysis all the training needs from Tdh project teams.
- Develop a training plan in collaboration with the Head of Programs and the HR Manager.
- Organize all the necessary arrangements to conduct the trainings (trainers, logistical and admin arrangements, coordination with Field Co and PM, etc.)
- Attend all required external meetings and working groups.
- Support technical contribution with Joining Forces Alliance members and activities in Kenya.
- Professional diploma or University degree in Social Sciences.
- Specific technical training in project cycle management and result based approach.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the humanitarian sector. Experience in refugee contexts will be and added value.
- Basic IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Knowledge of the child protection system in Kenya is an added value.
- This position requires basic social and leadership skills, as well as technical, organizational and methodological competences.
- Required qualities: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, organized, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- This position will require frequent travels to the intervention areas.
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Knowledge of Somali is an asset.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Locals and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for the application of this position is 30 September 2020.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer