Organization Name: ACDI / VOCA
Job Title:Program Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Programme Management
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide critical technical, operations, and backstopping support to the program.
- Assist with the definition of key workflows, detailed procedures, and standard quality controls.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, briefings, marketing materials, budgets, graphics, and presentations.
- Review and process project-related documentation including invoices, ensuring program files and transactions are compliant, properly documented, and organized.
- Liaise with LWA staff to organize meetings and conferences, including reservation of rooms, transportation, catering, and conference materials.
- Collaborate with the LWA Communications Manager to develop and implement a coordinated communication strategy; assist in the preparation of reports, briefings, marketing materials, budgets, graphics, and presentations.
- Provide desk research and communications support as needed.
- Support additional technical, operational and administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Provide desk research and communications support as needed.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, social sciences, development or similar relevant field
- Experience in problem solving and identifying solutions that are compliant with USAID and ACDI/VOCA organization policies/procedures
- Experience working in arid and semi-arid experience as well as working with pastoral communities
- Expertise in developing operations procedures and processes to ensure efficient technical implementation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must, fluency in spoken Swahili is preferred
- Willingness to conduct field travel to Nairobi and Isiolo, Marsabit, Garissa, Wajir, Turkana, West Pokot, Tana River, Lamu, Samburu and Mandera counties.How to Apply:
- Please submit a resume to
- HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than June 11, 2020.
- In the subject line, please include the position title.
- Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.