Designation: Purchasing Assistant
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Our client is an international company that deals with African Souvenirs and African Merchandise(s).They seek a very competent Purchasing Assistant to join their team.
Qualifications and skills desired:
- A diploma in stores management/ purchasing and supplies management or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data Entry Skills, Dependability
- Must be willing to work at both HQ and at the shops when needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, quantity and also acceptable quality.
- Packaging and labeling/bar-coding items before they are dispatched.
- Picking and packaging items on order.
- Source new items
- Managing categories allocated and their analysis
- Placing orders for categories allocated
- Create Pos and follow up
- Help plan for delivery and barcoding
- Ensuring stock quantities are adhered to
- Undertake delivery at the shops
- Processing of supplier payments
- Making deliveries to the shops
- Selecting space for storage and arranging for items to be placed in the designated areas.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Labeling goods that have arrived at the warehouse for proper storage
- Ensuring a clean and safe workhouse for both inventory and staff to work in.
- Monitoring stock levels and updating bin cards accordingly
- Maintaining and updating an accurate physical stock status report
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor
How to Apply:
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 5th March 2019. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Please indicate you current and expected salary while sending your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://r4kenya.com
We are located on 4th floor, Kipro Centre in Westlands, Nairobi