Organization Name: kwikbasket
Job Title: Quality Control Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Quality Management
This position is responsible for the quality control process upon receipt of product (both Farm and purchased), our on-hand inventories, and the products being selected for customer deliveries.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Quality Assurance/Degree in business administration or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of related Quality Control experience; thorough knowledge of quality management practices and statistical techniques
- Familiarity with fresh produce both local and international (quality expectations, varieties, case packs, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of market operations and item prices.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agriculture business company is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge and application of all agriculture produce merchandising expectations
- Developing training processes for each individual who handles or interacts with the products
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
- Skills in analysis.
- The ability to make considered decisions and to communicate them effectively.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics.
- Leadership ability.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertakes quality control process upon receipt of product (both Farm and purchased)
- Check the quality of incoming and outgoing produce from a company, as well as the produce sourcing procedures
- Design, implement, and improve company sourcing process and quality standards.
- Review processes in order to ensure that they align with current trends.
- Examine product for defects such as blemishes, imperfections, marks, cracks, etc. as it pertains to the company’s quality standards.
- Understanding customer expectations of and needs in a produce.
- Developing quality control processes.
- Designing produce specifications.
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Supervising staff and monitoring Sourcing standards.
- Evaluating the produce from farmers to determine their quality.
- Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
- Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
- Reporting to upper management on quality standard issues.
- Improving Storage and managing waste.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV to Email: email@example.com