Organization Name: Safaricom Kenya
Job Title: Regional Core Network Support Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: ICT
We are pleased to announce the following Opportunity in the Converged Service Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Manager – Regional Support, the position holder will be responsible for offering 1st line support for core network and other integrated systems within all the data centers network wide.
The role entails handling and execution of network configurations and optimizations, network incidents, network changes and preventive maintenance tasks for the assigned core network systems within the data centers as well as supporting data center project activities which ensure adherence to the required best practice.
- Schedule and perform all 1st line corrective & preventive maintenance on Core Network elements as per vendor recommendation.
- Clearance of faults from NOC Escalated to Core Network Maintenance.
- Identify the need for internal training.
- Conduct training for new staff
- Configuration changes on Network elements S/W upgrades.
- Supervising and monitoring contracted works in the MSRs to ensure safety of the live equipment and successful completion of all works.
- All switching Network elements & new Technologies
- Sites creation and configurations on the core.
- Software and license upgrades on Core network elements
- Rehoming’s and upgrades executions
- Health daily checks and monitoring of all the core elements – Critical alarms on systems, Hardware health checks.
- Installation, commissioning and acceptance of NE’s.
- Carrying out health and safety, ISO certification audits in Data centers in collaboration with other teams
- Carrying out preventive maintenance per Network element.
- Performing Corrective maintenance.
- Co share roles in the Data centers -Cable management, Data center hygiene, enforcement of health and safety measures
- Fault Management of the interconnect traffic for over 30 partners.
Note: This role is based in Western Nyanza
- Degree in electrical and electronics engineering or telecoms engineering or equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a telecoms preferably GSM environment in SSS operations, network Management, commissioning, installation and maintenance of digital Telecommunication equipment.