Organization Name:Islamic Relief Worldwide
Job Title:Regional Desk Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administration
The role is responsible for
• Supporting country offices in appraising documents, securing funding for, monitoring and reporting to donors on country programmes and projects.
• Supporting in setting of budgets and monitoring expenditure
• Ensuring that all information related to country programmes are organised and accessible
• Keep an up to-date overview of operational matters in respective countries
• Appraise project proposals submitted by field offices to ensure that they have clear sense of purpose and direction and to report any major deviations to the line manager.
• Ensure that the quality of proposals and budgets consider value for money which fit into the overall country and regional strategy.
• Assist field offices in producing high-quality project proposals for funding from both IRW and institutional donors in accordance to country context.
• Support field offices in securing funding from institutions and IR Partners on behalf of the country programme where necessary
Planning and Budgetting
• Participate in the development of country, regional and global strategy and in policy development based on IR experience in respective Country.
• Assist the CD, Programme Managers and Head of Programmes to draw up and annual action plans and business plans, and monitor implementation of these plans
• Ensure that the country offices submit project, quarterly, annual and external audit reports on time.
• Work with finance staff in the development of project and country budgets
• Work closely with Finance Department to issue pin-codes for new projects, review budgets and provide timely feedback to Finance Managers, and follow up fund transfer requests
• A graduate degree in the field of development studies, economics, disaster management
• An in-depth understanding of international development issues
• Proven experience in development/humanitarian areas
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proven track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO
• Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in developing countries in rehabilitation; development and emergency contexts, preferably in a country of the targeted region
• Experience of and commitment to a participatory, supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all.
• Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; use of quantitative and qualitative research data collection in support of programme development.
• Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
• Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports
• Experience of remote management
How to Apply
- Please apply in confidence with your certificates/degrees and trainings that you may have received in the recent past.
- Contact details of the two Referees from the most recent employments.
- Up to date CV Motivational letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org