Organization Name: RECSA
Job Title: Research and Cross Searching Issues Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Research
- The Research and cross cutting issues Assistant will oversee all organization work and undertake large – scale collaborative research projects (both desk and field – based) examining the causes and effects of armed violence and the dynamics of small arms proliferation, use, availability and fragility.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for all cross cutting issues and proactive technical support to the organization.
- Assist in the conceptualization, developing and managing research projects on a range of topics, in different settings and with diverse partners.
- Undertake research on thematic areas on SALW and develop documents for publications.
- Review research reports from consultants on case by case basis
- Provide quarterly research briefs on topical and emerging issues on SALW in the region.
- Be the point of contact on all research matters of RECSA.
- Train RECSA staff on the appropriate research methodologies as management my deem fit.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor and the management of RECSA Secretariat.
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Social Sciences or any related field.
- An excellent understanding of the discourse on conflict prevention and security with a particular focus on SALW control and the international policy environment in which these issues are addressed.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and track record in international policy research analysis is an added advantage.
- A good understanding of Small Arms, security and fragility issues in the Great Lakes and Horn of Africa.
- Evidence of relevant research publications (at least 3).
- Experience of working in teams or with a variety of partner organizations in the design and delivery of research tasks.
- At least 4 years’ experience in research related field.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, including government officials, international organizations, NGO’s and the media.
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; RECSA Research and Cross Searching Issues Assistant Jobs in Kenya