Organization Name: The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Job Title: Research Officer (Education & Empowerment)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Research
Duties and Responsibilities
● Develop study tools on topical issues in education and skills development, training manuals and field guides to use for data collection;
● Coordinate the recruitment, training and supervision of field team;
● Coordinate field work and be responsible for data quality;
● Mobilize and sensitize education and/or youth empowerment stakeholders about research projects;
● Participate in the development of research proposals, with a focus on education and/or youth empowerment;
● Lead the process of obtaining ethical approval for research projects;
● Conduct literature review and participate in writing scientific papers especially on key issues in education and training systems in Africa;
● Carry out policy analysis on specific issues in education and/or youth;
● Prepare regular field and project reports;
● Participate in dissemination of research findings and policy
dialogue with relevant education and/or youth audiences; and
● Prepare policy briefs and fact sheets from the projects’ findings.
Skills and Qualifications
● Master’s degree in any of the following areas: Education, Economics of Education, Education Psychology, Applied Statistics, Sociology of Education, or related disciplines.
● At least 3 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in education research or education policy analysis setting.
● Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as STATA, SPSS, NVivo or ATLAS.ti.
● Experience in conducting field research in education and managing research teams.
● Experience in engaging policy makers with research evidence.
● Excellent oral and written communication in English and at least one African language.
● Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; APHRC Research (Education & Empowerment) Jobs in Kenya