Job Location : Nairobi
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: HR
- The Regional Human Resources Manager (Africa and Middle East) will be based in RTI’s Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya. They will be responsible for informing the design of HR strategies and programs that meet the needs of the region, ensuring their implementation, and leading effective delivery of HR services within the region. This includes interpretation and application of HR policies and regulations; facilitation of internal procedures and process solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues; conducting needs analyses and working with HR centers of excellence to develop solutions; and advancing the talent strategy of RTI and its field operations. This position promotes a collaborative, customer service focused, solution-oriented approach while ensuring compliance and HR best practice.
- Lead the HR function in the region, as Senior HR Leader and Advisor for RTI’s Regional Office, based in Nairobi, Kenya, supporting RTI activities in Africa and the Middle East.
- Serve as a member of the RTI Africa Regional Office Senior Management Team.
- Provide strategic HR advice and operational support services to projects and activities in the region in all major HR functional areas (employee relations, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, talent management employment administration, HR compliance).
- Partner, consult, and facilitate resolutions to business/projects’ challenges and opportunities; provide advice and information on interpretation and implementation of RTI HR policy and programs. Effectively communicates changes in policy and procedure.
- Utilize best practices to support and manage change.
- Ensure full compliance with HR policy guidelines and country employment practices, respecting local labor laws, clients’ rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies.
- Build the capacity of HR staff within the region; provide functional support to HR staff within the Region.
- Closely interact with RTI’s Home Office HR team, bridge and communicate central Home Office policies with regional needs.
- Directly manage Regional Office HR team and indirectly support Project HR staff within the Region.
- Effectively implement RTI’s internal control framework and proper functioning of the HR policy framework.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of experience, Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR; experience in several countries in the Africa region.
Working knowledge of, and experience with, local labor and employment laws and legal resources in the region; familiarity with international development donors, systems and policies.
Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and discretion, culturally astute.
Ability to work independently as well as manage matrix teams, strong interpersonal/relationship building skills, highly effective partnership and collaboration skills.
Strong writing and presentation skills in English with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
French/Arabic/Portuguese ability a plus.
Extremely strong organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment; ability to resolve business issues in interest of RTI.
Solid facilitation and training skills.
Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.