Organization Name: Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB)
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
LVSWWDA 5 : – REF. LVSWWDA/PMU/02 (1 POST)
- Prepare, update and maintain Program Disbursement Plan and Disbursement Report.
- Prepare, ledgers, statements, vouchers and bank reconciliations and statement of accounts
- Timely Process Contractor, consultant’s and Suppliers Payment Requests
- Ensure contractors, consultants and suppliers tax obligations are efficiently processed
- Prepare Program Financial Reports in conformity with the AFD/EIB Reporting obligations
- Prepare and process Disbursement Requests including following up with relevant authorities until the payments are made to the required beneficiary accounts e.g
- Prepare and maintain Register on Fulfilment of Donor Conditions as per the Financial Agreements
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Prepare Financial Statements for Audit and prepare responses to all Audit Querries as required.
- Organise, maintain and secure all accounting records, receipts, issues relating to the Program.
- Prepare Program Closing Account Report.
Key Qualification and competencies
- Minimum Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business management, Commerce or equivalent.
- Must be a certified public Accountant
- Registered and active member of a Professional institution especially ICPAK
- Be familiar with the ERP which contains the Accounting systems and supporting planning tools.
- Have organisation and leadership skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience 3 of which should be specific to implementation of Donor funded program.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
The details for each of the advertised positions are available on the Agency Website www.lvswwda.go.ke for each of the positions.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit applications, indicating on the envelope and application letter the Reference Number of the position applied for. The application must include copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Curriculum Vitae. Copies of certificates must be certified by the issuing institution or commissioner of oaths or magistrate. Details such as current position, remuneration and three (3) referees must also be included in the application. Applications must be received on or before 2nd August 2021 at the Agency Headquarters and should be made to the address provided below.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by presenting copies of the following documents with the applications;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P. O. Box 3325 – 40100,
LVSWWDA is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women and minority groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, whether directly or through third parties, is discouraged as it will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.