Organization Name:SOS Children’s Villages
Job Title:Senior HR Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
- Key Functions of the Job
• The Senior Human Resources Officer, under the supervision of the Human Resource & Administration Manager, will co-ordinate day to day operations and provide technical expertise and guidance in the following functional areas:
• Recruitment, Induction and Onboarding, Performance Management and Work Development, Individual and Collective Learning and Development, Employee Relations and Compensation.
S/he will undertake various duties which include but are not limited to
• Reviews human resources management practices on a continuous basis, and develops new strategies and policies, which enhance the long-term commitment of the staff.
• Supports the Human Resource & Administration Manager prepare, review and monitor the annual human resource budget and ensure effective implementation of the national human resource strategy.
• Coordinates the recruitment, selection and onboarding of staff in line with internal policies
• Prepares orientation programmes for new staff, and ensures new staffs at all levels receive appropriate orientation to the Organisation.
• Coordinates staff engagement meetings at the National office and locations in conjunction with management and location programme heads respectively.
• Provides support, guidance and counsel to staff at all levels. Ensures open communication channels are maintained at all times.
• Promotes good working relationships in the organization by providing guidance and advice to management and employees on the appropriate policies and procedures with regards to disciplinary cases.
• Liaise closely with external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
• Support the implementation of a vibrant performance management system in the organization to achieve quality and operational efficiency.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management OR An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management from reputable institutions.
• Minimum five (5) years’ relevant professional experience, prefarably in an NGO set up
• A master’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent disicipline will be an added advantage
• Certified Human Resource (CHRP) Level II and III will be an added advantage
• A member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, with a valid practicing certificate
• Have the ability to influence and partner with different levels of staff in the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment.
• Have a strong grasp of Kenyan labour and employment laws.
• Demonstrated Ability to analyze situations and take corrective actions
• Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organizational skills
• Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
• Valid certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply
- This position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
- If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 4th April 2020 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.