Job Title: Senior Investment Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Triple Jump, a Dutch impact investment manager with a global portfolio, is looking for a:
(Senior) Investment Officer Africa & Middle East (fluency in French required)
40 hours per week, duty station Nairobi, Kenya
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
As an (Senior) Investment Officer you are responsible for the identification, appraisal, processing and supervision of debt investments in MFIs in the Africa and Middle East (AME) region. You will execute the full investment cycle, from origination to monitoring of the investment. You have an extensive regional network of partners and other people/institutions relevant to the fulfilment of your position. The position requires frequent travel to countries within the region. You will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The position is initially for 1 year.
This position requires a strong investment background, acquired by working (at least three years) in a fund manager, MFI or other financial institutions in the AME region. You are experienced with analysing financial statements and dealing with legal and organisational issues as part of the due diligence process. You have demonstrated interest and experience in development and/or emerging markets. You have demonstrable communication and negotiation skills and are able to disseminate knowledge and mediate between different views. You feel comfortable working in a team while independently developing new and managing existing relationships.
- Good negotiator with strong analytical skills.
- Team player with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Fluent in English and French (both speaking and writing).
- Knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese or local languages is considered a plus.
- Existing working permit considered a plus.
Triple Jump offers you
- The opportunity to work within a growing, entrepreneurial organization in the impact investing sector.
- Competitive salary for the impact investing sector, including pension and health allowances and a variable incentive arrangement.
- Flexible working hours, good work-life balance.
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment.
Are you interested? Send your application to the attention of Willem Boymans, HR Officer Triple Jump, before July 31, 2019 via the application button.
More information about the position can be obtained through Willem Boymans (HR) or Jarri Jung, Regional Manager AME at +31 (0)20 220 2807.
Interested and qualified? Go to Triple Jump BV career website on jobs.triplejump.eu to apply