Application Deadline: by 20th April 2019.
Contract Duration :2 years intial contract with possible extension
Contract Type:Uganda National Contract
Duty Stations: Kampala
Desired Start Date: 1 June 2019
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries;across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors and maintains the belief that no one should have to live in poverty; and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to programming within the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors by strengthening the capacities of targeted partners and communities at the field level; in order to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels, expand employment; improve food security; while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for an exprienced dynamic professionals to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
· The candidate is expected to give administrative support to Country Director and Country Management Team.
· The candidate will work very closely with the Country Director to ease the administrative workload.
· The candidate will also be required to gather, analyse and report relevant (Financial, HR & Operations) data and provide input for the CD and CMT action.
Project Management Support
· The candidate will be expected to give admin support, coordination of project review reporting, monitoring, donor reporting and annual and MYR reporting.
Meetings and Events Management
· The candidate should be able to organize and co-ordinate meetings (e.g. workshops, events) of the assigned department or project team, take care of housekeeping affairs, take and distribute minutes on time.
· Organise and manage appointments of the assigned manager and liaise with Logistics to facilitate planning and implementation of activities.
· Assist in the coordination and compilation of monthly and quarterly staff and team planning and provide the link to admin/ finance and logistics as needed.
· Maintenance of the Director’s diary and engagements.
Communications and Office Management
· Ensure timely communication of key internal and external communication in liaison with management and Communications department.
· Ensure usage of up to date communication templates in liaison with communications department.
· Receive and dispatch incoming calls/e-mails and make outgoing calls/mails and give answers to basic questions, based on the communication guidelines, SNV house style and agreements with manager.
· Support content development for external communications.
Filing and Archiving
· Control, distribution and filing of documents for country office and maintenance of a filing system, in line with archiving procedures.
· Control of key country office documents.
· Gather relevant (Financial, HR & Operations) data and provide input to the Director.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or and any other relevant field.
· Minimum four (4) years relevant work experience, ideally in mass communications, public relations or busy project support unit/office.
· Ability to work without supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Excellent administration skills, able to organise own work and make follow-up on tasks as required.
· Ability to follow required procedures and guidelines.
· Ability to give good attention to detail.
· Flexible, dynamic, excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate effectively with a wide range of people and cultures.
· Proficient computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.