Organization Name: Microsoft
Job Title: Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Software Engineering
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Improve test coverage for services, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
- Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and
implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.Qualifications
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 1+ years development and design working on high availability systems
- Testing mindset, before beginning code development
- Translate problem solving techniques into code
- Understanding of data structure and data storage solutions
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)Preferred Qualifications
- Working understanding operating in an Agile team
- Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
- Relevant experience in designHow to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; Microsoft Software Engineer Jobs in Kenya