Organization Name:Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Job Title:Supervisor – Compliance Audit
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Auditing
Department: Internal Audit
Division: Quality Compliance
Section / Unit: Compliance Audit unit
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi or Other Regional Office
- The Job holder is responsible for carrying out compliance reviews on Internal control system, Governance and Risk management processes.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Task
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Participate in identification of key risks to business objectives and controls.
- Conduct of Quality Management System internal audits in KRA in accordance with ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 27001:2013, ISO 17025 standard and KRA Quality Management System requirements.
- Participate in preparation of Unit Annual Audit Work Plans (AAWPs).
- Participate in development of audit programmes for assurance/consulting engagements.
- Conduct audits in conformance to audit procedures, methodology, general accepted auditing standards and comply with policies, procedures and professional best practices
- Document workings on audit tests carried out in Audit Management System (Teammate/ Q-Pulse).
- Document audit observations/findings to ensure they are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstance and risk with requisite recommendations for improvements.
- Complete field assignments on a timely basis.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Makes decisions using standard operational procedures.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Information Technology
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- CPA II
- Membership of IIA
- ISO Auditor qualification
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- High level of integrity
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.