Organization Name: Commodities Fund
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Supply Chain
- Overall Job Purpose
- Under direct supervision of the Senior Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for stores and maintenance of relevant stores and procurement records as well as ensuring essential goods are available at all times. .Procurement Assistant Job Responsibilities
• Receive goods, record and maintain appropriate records.
• Issues goods from the store and update the stores records.
• Alert the procurement officer when re-order is required.
• Maintain data of registered suppliers.
• Generate LPO for the approval by the designated officer and dispatch to respective suppliers
• Source and collect quotations from potential suppliers and participate in the analysis of the same
• Receipt of invoices a posting the same in the financial system
• Maintain motor vehicle maintenance and insurance renewal schedules
• Analyze and generate reports on motor vehicle fuel consumption and repairs
• Undertake any other duties as allocated from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree or Diploma in Procurement & Logistics.
• One (1) year relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
• Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System is an added advantage
• Good Negotiation and Analytical Skills
High level of Integrity and Honesty
• Professional Body Membership (KISM, MCIPS)
• Procurement professional examinations
• Valid practicing certificate
How to Apply
- If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit an online application, including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and three referees addressed to the Managing Trustee, Commodities Fund (P.O. Box 52714 – 00200, Nairobi) on email :
- firstname.lastname@example.org (copied to email@example.com) by 19th June 2020. Indicate clearly the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER SIX
You are advised to submit your clearance certificates (or evidence of online applications) to the relevant bodies for the following documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA;
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
(NOTE: Names of shortlisted candidates shall be submitted to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission for integrity verification)
- Commodities Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.