Requisition ID: req1879
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – Nairobi (Somalia Country Program)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kenya (Somalia CP)
- Ensure the Procurement process is followed to the letter as per the IRC GSC Standard Operating Processes and donor rules and regulations.
- Review Purchase Requests (PRs) for accuracy of information and category of items contained against the Procurement Plans before submitting to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Together with the Supply Chain Assistant(s) prepare Bid Analyses from the received Quotations, Bids and Proposals for review by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Negotiate with Suppliers, service providers and vendors on pricing, delivery terms and schedules.
- Participate in tendering process and take minutes as may be required. Carrying out Bidder references and compliance checks before finalization of the process.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and contracts for review by the Supply Chain Manager before approval by the Supply Chain Coordinator and Country Director.
- Continuously monitor, manage and report on Supplier, vendor and service Provider performance and harnessing their relationships with IRC.
- Maintain a roaster of Procurement, Utilities and service contracts.
- Prepare for and participate in the receipt of program supplies and submit delivery reports for review.
- Receive, prepare and submit to the Supply Chain Manager for review all Invoices and Procurement documentation fully compliant with the IRC regulations.
- Participate in Market Surveys, collect, analyze and report on the market dynamics on IRC programmatic needs guided by the Market Survey Guidelines.
- Liaise with Program and Field Staff in the delivery of project materials and services.
- Upon Completion of the Procurement Processes, file, archive and code the arising documents. The completed files should tell the full procurement story.
- Compile, prepare and submit for review all Supply Chain monthly/quarterly/yearly reports for review by the Supply Chain Manager before submission.
- Preparing contracts for supply, service and works of goods and services
- Timely renewal of running contracts as provided for in the IRC guidelines.
- Contracts implementation against set performance indicators
- Recording and filling all communications and concerns.
- Contracts and Supplier Management (Managing contracts, key performance indicators/scorecards and reviews).
- Maintain supplier files and documentation
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
- Receive Road and Air Transport Requests, process them and ensure their performance and completion.
- Liaise with the Clearing and Forwarding Agent(s) in clearing Cargo from National and International departures for delivery to the Field Offices.
- Document the Clearing and Forwarding processes (Invoices, Packing Lists, and Waybills/Bills of Lading.
- Prepare and update the Transport Plan for National and International movement of cargo
- Carry out due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting ATC, reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Provide constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags,
- Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
- Carry out procurement activities in compliance with IRC and donor regulations
- Preparing and submitting accurate Monthly reports for review by the Supply Chain Manager by the 2nd of every month.
- Carrying out with other relevant departments, market surveys twice a year. Compile and share quarterly price market index.
- Supporting in the development and update of the procurement plans as required.
- Lead in and prepare Quarterly Stock Verification Reports.
- Maintain, update and submit for review the Contracts database.
- Proactively provide feedback and updates to requesters on their requests within 48hrs.
- Perform other duties, as appropriate or requested by Supply Chain Manager.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Supply Chain experience across all core areas within supply chain (Planning, Procurement, Warehousing, Fleet Management, Assets Management, Transport/Freight Management, Clearing and Forwarding)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Procurement and Contracting and or Logistics
- Plus minimum Foundation Diploma in Supply Chain from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies, CIPS or from reputable institution of higher learning.
- Certification in Medical/Humanitarian Supply Chain from recognized international bodies is a plus.
- Proficiency and practice in the use of Supply Chain ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suit (Advanced Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proficiency in English (written, Spoken)
- Good numerical and report writing skills with attention to detail and Communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, diplomacy and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
- A good planner, attention to detail, proactive, team player, transparent and honest.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Culturally Sensitive and ability to adapt to stressful situations.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Negotiation Skills.
Get professional CV and cover letter writing services to boost your job applications on: email@example.com