Organization Name: Text Book Centre
Job Title: Security Systems Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Security
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards
- Assist with regulatory and data transfer procedures.
- Document and communicate policies, queries, vulnerabilities, and current state of the system.
- Identify risks by role, software, information type, and other categories and define acceptable and mitigation strategies.
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
- Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Analyze and establish security requirements for the networks
- Train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Conduct security audits and make policy recommendations
- Provide technical security advice
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or a related field with certifications in Security+, SOPHOS, MSCE, CCNA and CISM
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working in a POS, SAGE,IVEND and SAP is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of common L4-L7 protocols such as SSL, HTTP, DNS, SMTP and IPsec
- Strong understanding of firewall technologies
- Experience in Packet Shaper, Load Balancer and Proxy Server
- Knowledge in intermediate to expert IDS/IPS
- Experience in TCP/IP, active directory, computer networking, routing and switching
- Experience in network protocols and packet analysis tools
- Experience Windows server operating system
- Experience in firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Strong communication skills both in writing and verbal
Please submit a letter of interest with your resume clearly indicating the position as email subject to below email address at firstname.lastname@example.org