Organization Name: Commodities Fund
Job Title:Systems Auditor
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Auditing
- Systems AuditorOverall Job Purpose
- Under direct supervision of the Internal Auditor, the System Auditor performs detailed evaluation of internal controls and reviews computer information systems. .Systems Auditor Job responsibilities.
• Perform general and application control reviews for computer information systems.
• Perform information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
• Direct and/or perform reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
• Recommend revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies. Reviews internal controls throughout the Fund by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
• Prepare audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
• Prepare and present written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to Management.
• Follow up on audit findings to ensure that Management has taken corrective action(s).
• Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
• Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business or Finance.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• At least 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above
• Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System
• Knowledge of current technological
developments/trends in the area of expertise.
• Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems.
• Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
• Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
• Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
• Knowledge of computer systems development and programming.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• High level of Integrity and honesty.
How to Apply
- If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit an online application, including copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae and three referees addressed to the Managing Trustee, Commodities Fund (P.O. Box 52714 – 00200, Nairobi) on email :
- firstname.lastname@example.org (copied to email@example.com) by 19th June 2020. Indicate clearly the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.COMPLIANCE WITH CHAPTER SIX
You are advised to submit your clearance certificates (or evidence of online applications) to the relevant bodies for the following documents:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA;
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
(NOTE: Names of shortlisted candidates shall be submitted to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission for integrity verification)
- Commodities Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.