TRADE FINANCE OFFICER
The Trade Finance Officer is responsible for identification of trade finance proposals, credit evaluation, risk management and mitigation, recommendation on structuring of appropriate facilities in adherence to institutional risk/ return requirements; monitoring the performance of portfolio and marketing the Bank’s conventional/ structured trade finance products.
The Trade Finance Officer performs the following duties:
• Identify and structure suitable transactions/clients and identify suitable counter-parties (collateral managers, trade finance insurers etc.) and financing partners/agent banks in
case of syndication / co-financing;
• Actively support the Trade Finance Officers and Analysts with respect to financial analysis and due diligence on all transactions to ensure quality control;
• Prepare and analyse credit proposals for trade/ structured trade finance facilities for funding by the Bank;
• Establish and maintain strategic relations with clients at senior management level of the Bank’s existing and prospective partners and stakeholders;
• Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on trade finance facilities under their supervision;
• Seek new business opportunities in the region to ensure a good pipeline of transactions.
• Undertake product development and marketing initiatives and develop client base using contacts, experience and relationship to pursue trade finance opportunities;
• Prepare board papers, ALCO reports, and partake as a member of committees/taskforce.
• A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage;
• A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial / Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound
knowledge of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products;
• Robust knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Bank’s operating region as it relates to Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products with excellent knowledge
of professional and industry standards;
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills;
• Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting;
• Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management client
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications;
• Fluency in English is a requirement and further fluency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Applications should include a resume, recent passport size photo, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees. Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to email@example.com by 21st May 2019.
Candidates who have applied before, need not re-apply.
Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. TDB is an equal opportunities employer.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply