The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services,institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.
MGIC is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality materials, goods and services.
• Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
• Provide oversight to sourcing in support of project activities and conduct training on procurement sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines on property management.
• Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance.
• Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements.
• Ensures project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines (timely project procurements)
• Ensure timely and efficient implementation of procurement strategy and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
• Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
• Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract.
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management
• Membership to a professionally recognized body.
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies management from a recognized institution.
• A minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in experience in purchasing and supplies management gained from a large organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procurement / contracts principles, contracts administration and finance or accounting.
• Experience working under USG funded projects preferred.
• Applicants must exhibit a flexible work attitude with the ability to work productively in a team environment.
• They must also be able to work well independently to meet unexpected demands.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications are requested to send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 17th February 2017. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
For professional CV writing and cover letter services to boost your application, click here