Organization Name: SoCha
Job Title: Third Party Monitoring Lead Consultant
Job Type: Contract
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) seeks to advance the journey to self-reliance (J2SR) for Kenya and the broader region. SoCha LLC implements the Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) activity, supporting USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work:
- The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) lead consultant to provide overall technical guidance and support for a third-party monitoring and verification activity for select USAID partners based in Mandera county. The consultant will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to the designated M&V Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The consultant will support MSP and USAID/KEA in the following tasks:
- Provide technical guidance, support and oversight of the activity.
- Take lead in undertaking desk review of implementing partner reports, activity briefs, and other relevant documents.
- Take lead in the development of the data collection tools.
- Participate in the pilot of the data collection tools, in-person and/or remote as well as any other data collection activities deemed necessary.
- Support the development of the reporting templates.
- Support in writing the findings report and in presenting to the Mission/ stakeholders.
- Participate in regular check-in calls and debriefs with the Mission and MSP staff.
- Other activities as agreed upon with MSP staff.
- Have a masters degree or doctoral in health, nutrition, WASH or related
fields from a recognized university.
- Proven ability to plan, manage, and implement monitoring activities related to health, nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods.
- Strong familiarity of planning, managing and implementing emergency and response programs.
- Past experience working/ supporting or implementing programs in the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) of Kenya.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate and work effectively with a wide range of USAID
implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with proven experience in authoring TPM reports.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation skills, with experience in presenting to the
Mission, National Government, or related entities.
The following deliverables will be required:
- Analysis of documents reviewed and completed desk review checklist.
- Developed and approved data collection tools.
- Feedback on data collection tool(s) and pilot.
- Qualitative and quantitative datasets.
- Daily briefing notes and transcripts.
- Final report(s) and presentation(s).
- Other items as required by the team leader.
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; SoCha Jobs Third Party Monitoring Lead Consultant Jobs in Kenya