Trocaire now seeks the services of an experienced Finance Officer for a 7 month maternity cover contract to support the finance function of the Regional Support Office team
The Finance department is responsible for ensuring a sound management of the financial resources entrusted with the Somalia country office and to ensure that there are effective procedures in place to facilitate internal controls and accountability of funds to all stakeholders including the local partners. The Finance function is crucial and vital for successful implementation of program activities and attainment of overall Trocaire program purpose and goal.
Main Purpose of Role
This role is for a maternity cover. The Finance Officer will provide support to the finance and Administration functions in Nairobi for the support of Trocaire operational areas in Somalia and Sudan. The Position reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and will be based in Trocaire’s Regional Support Office in Nairobi.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processing the daily financial needs of Trocaire Somalia Programme Nairobi level or as assigned working closely with the entire team on financial planning to ensure the funds are available at all the times for program implementation activities.
· Preparing and reconciling the Nairobi accounts or as assigned on the Agresso accounting system.
· Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly Nairobi financial reports and ensuring that expenditure is incurred within the budget limits and following financial procedures.
· Preparing the monthly reconciliation statements of the bank and petty cash and notifying the Finance and Administration Manager when any balance on the bank accounts is running low.
· Ensuring that transactions are fully supported, approved and filing of all finance documents ensuring good audit trail.
· Ensuring that only fully coded expenditure are paid and posted to Agresso accounting system in line with the finance procedures.
· Assist with the preparation of the audit schedules and to support the internal and external audit processes.
· Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the preparation of monthly financial reports as needed
· Maintains current knowledge of Kenya government requirements related to financial matters and ensure all taxes due are paid to the relevant government authorities within the set deadlines.
· Liaise with the Finance and Administration Manager and the Procurement and Logistics officer to maintain and regularly update an accurate fixed assets register.
· Field Payroll preparation and National statutory deductions processing as delegated by the Finance and Administration Manager.
· Facilitate funds transfer to field stations based on approved requisitions prepared from field and approved by the Country Director.
- Manages the Administration function and ensures that all policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance with donor requirements.
- Keep fiduciary filing duty of all the contracts and agreements and monitoring status on a quarterly basis; keep log of all payments done/due for all the contractual obligations kept in Nairobi;
- Ensure all copies of contractual obligations/commitments are held at Nairobi office;
- Maintain a log for all timesheet submitted and follow up on a monthly basis the staff who have not submitted.
- Prepare monthly and annual administrative reports on the activities of the department.
- Prepares the admin expenditure budget and ensuring that expenditure is incurred within the budget limits and following financial procedures.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned commensurate with this job description.
· Data entry of financial data on the Agresso accounting system on a daily basis.
· Monthly reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
· Well managed turnaround time for payments to Field offices and to suppliers.
· Monthly Kenyan payroll by 22nd of each month forwarded to the Finance and Administration Manager and subsequent payment of the payroll deductions within the same month
· Monthly field financial reports for both Health, Nutrition and Education programme produced and submitted to Nairobi office at the end of every month and as may be required from time to time.
· Well managed filing system of all finance and administration documents.
· A well-managed petty cash system at field and Nairobi level.
· A Bachelors degree in (Accounting or Business Administration) from a recognised University with strong finance and management background.
· First level accountancy qualification (CPA Part 11)
· A minimum of 3 years in a finance and Administration department preferably from an international NGO.
· Hands on experience in office administration, use of financial package, Excellent excel skills, knowledge of budgeting process, financial reporting and audit procedures.
· Good communication skills and strong supervisory and leadership competencies.
Grade & Salary
Finance and Administration Manager
How to apply
For full details of this position, please see job description attached.To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (quoting the reference number above)https://trocaire.workable.com/