Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a Operations Manager focused on launch and scaling new low cost products across SSA.
This is a particularly challenging and rewarding role: SSA has some big opportunities and can be a challenging market at the best of times with established competition and complex market dynamics.
You will need to deal with a variety of stakeholders including Ops, Marketing, Policy Legal, Partnerships etc… to ensure we are able to build reliable marketplace.
What You’ll Do
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with progressive timelines for completion
- Partner Relations. Oversee driver relationships, identify and resolve problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards
- Driver Support. Lead the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system
- Be Resourceful and Take Initiative. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in your city and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services
- Collaborate. You will have the backing of subject-matter experts who you will collaborate on a daily basis to make magic happen on the ground
- Product Improvement. Diligently search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
What You’ll Need
- Startup/all-hands-on-deck approach.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance / business analytics / applied economics or related experience;
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize in a constantly-changing work environment
- Stellar Excel and SQL knowledge and a passion for data needed
- Openness to constant traveling across SSA
Bonus points if
- Python, R or any other scripting language