Organization Name: UN-WFP
Job Category: Logistics
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi
Application Deadline: 27th June 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer for Operations and working closely with the Budget & Programming Officer, under the overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Logistics, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration and adequate quantities are ordered and dispatched to right location on time.
- Review Budget & Programming weekly grants list including restrictions and pass information on to the Stock Transfer Order (STO) team.
- Monitor donor conditions by running LESS reports and report any deviation on monthly basis.
- Update earmarked funds pipeline including requirements, stocks, arrivals and dispatches on monthly basis.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) to map the roles & responsibilities of each unit to ensure donor conditions are implemented up to distributions level.
- Manage inland Transport and ensure effective and timely delivery following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance and organize trainings needed.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.Language:
Experience: At least five years’ experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors; port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management. Experience in preparing and monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains.
Language: Fluent in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience in maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stocks.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.