Do you have an undergraduate degree in graphic design and have an R4K CV?kindly send your applications!
United States International University (USIU) Jobs in Kenya
The United States International University – Africa is the largest, private, secular university in East and Central Africa catering to almost 6000 students representing 65 nationalities and with a global network of over 12000 alumni.
USIU – Africa is committed to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms.
USIU-Africa’s Institutional Planning and Advancement Division is the university’s commercial unit, responsible for strategic planning, marketing and communications, fundraising and alumni functions.
The Division is looking to recruit an appropriate candidate for the following position.
Creative Graphic Designer
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, and creating official university marketing materials that educate and inform both internal and external audiences on various mediums about USIU-Africa’s mission, people, programs, and services.
• Discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job and interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose.
• Produce graphic designs for brochures, catalogues, fliers, mailers print and online advertisements, posters, digital displays, flyers, and other publications that are final for outputting for various mediums.
• Liaising with printers, for creative output, costs and delivery timelines
• Formulate the university brand manual for various mediums and platforms.
• Provides preliminary proofing of text and reviews final product to ensure it is complete and accurate.
• Originates design concept and layout for materials including photo taking and selection, digital manipulation, and font usage adhering to college brand standards; generate updates and changes as needed.
• Understanding of core design elements such as type, contrast, alignment, proximity, layout
• Maintain a consistent message throughout the development and design process.
• Ensure that all designs are properly aligned with USIU-Africa branding and marketing standards.
• Assist the student fraternity on creative materials that they develop from the year book to fliers for club activities and events on and off campus
Qualifications & Experience
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
• At least five (5) years’ progressive working experience in graphic design in a professional environment.
NB: Kindly attach a portfolio of previous design projects.
• Photography Skills
• Layout skills
• Illustration skills
• Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and external organizations.
• A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, print media, digital marketing and the creative process.
• Advanced experience in managing the creative development process in a high-pressure environment.
• Understanding the printing process and how it affects design concepts and product outputs.
• Work well with others and be flexible in design strategies to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
• Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
• Able to handle criticism professionally.
• Experience with working with the web and understanding how campaigns work.
• Comprehensive awareness and interest in new digital channel platforms and technologies.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: Friday, 29th May, 2015.
Head of Human Resources,
United States International University
P.O Box 14634-00800,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer