Do you have an undergraduate degree in Communications Studies / Advertising / Public Relations / Marketing and have an R4K CV? kindly send your applications immediately!
United States International University (USIU) Jobs in Kenya
The United States International University – Africa is the largest, private, secular university in East and Central Africa catering to almost 6000 students representing 65 nationalities and with a global network of over 12000 alumni.
USIU – Africa is committed to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms.
USIU-Africa’s Institutional Planning and Advancement Division is the university’s commercial unit, responsible for strategic planning, marketing and communications, fundraising and alumni functions.
The Division is looking to recruit an appropriate candidate for the following position.
1. External Communications Coordinator
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective delivery of information and corporate communications to USIU-Africa faculty, staff and students and its external publics.
The role is wide ranging, encompassing the timely co-ordination of corporate communications through a range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity and consistency.
• Contributing to and develop the University’s external communications strategies, as well as developing synergy of all external communication that goes on to amplify the USIU-Africa image.
• Give updates on external activities to be up loaded on the university social sites to ensure they are fully updated to meet USIU-Africa’s publicity, marketing, fundraising and communication needs.
• Work closely with various units of the university to collect and prioritize stories for effective and consistent coverage.
• Oversee production of news and feature stories, publicity materials, press releases, photographs, videos, and other strategic and targeted communications as required.
• Plan, organize and direct Public Relations activities and events that enhance USIU-Africa’s relationship with various target audiences and enhance positive publicity.
• Collating and analyzing media coverage
Marketing and Communication Functions
• Ensuring that information, news items, features and images are updated on the USIU-Africa website.
• Monitoring market activity and competitor activity
• Coordinating with university fraternity to ensure that all external material is to standard.
• Assisting the Head of Marketing and Communications in the development and delivery of marketing, public relations and communications strategies.
Qualifications & Experience
• An undergraduate degree in Communications Studies / Advertising / Public Relations / Marketing.
• 5-7 years in Public Relations / Communications / Marketing.
• Strong conceptual skills
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Web management and social media management skills
• Working closely and lead team members to achieve objectives
• Excellent ability to communicate fluently in English
• Work independently.
• Ability to proof work for quality, clarity and accuracy
• Ability to supervise and manage people
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: Friday, 29th May, 2015.
Head of Human Resources,
United States International University
P.O Box 14634-00800,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer