Job Category : Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Positions Key role
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the WOKIKE project to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Planning & Budgeting
• Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
• Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
• Ensure Planning Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
• Ensure compliance with MWENDO guidelines and other standards
• Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
• Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
• Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
• Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
• Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
• Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
• Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
• prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
• Management of balance sheet accounts
• Ensure safe custody of cash and cheque book
• Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
• Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
• Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
• Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
• Any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
Person Specifications and Qualifications:
- KCSE mean score of C+ and above
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management / Administration or related degree
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate
How to apply
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, CV and testimonial / Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach on or before 5.00PM, 13th June 2020