Organization Name: World Vision International
Job Title:Talent Acquisition Staffing Administrator
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Type: Full Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision International (wvi.org) is looking for administrator with sourcing skills, motivated by their Christian faith, to find great talent to help us in the relentless pursuit of our vision for every child: life in all its fullness and our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so. We will do this until girls and boys:
- Enjoy good health and are protected from disease
- Are educated for life and enabled to fulfil their potential
- Are cared for, protected and participating
- Experience the profound security of the love of God and others
We need an experienced Administrator with knowledge of how to extensively source for talent globally in relief and development contexts, the know-how to reach them, and the experience to land and bring them onboard. You will have experience in sourcing for middle level management and technical positions, as well as all aspects of the administration, building pipelines in recruitment ensuring a positive candidate experience.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 38,000 + staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Sourcing and Customer Service:
- Perform sourcing activities to identify top talent for hard to fill positions within the guidelines set forth by World Vision in compliance with local, state and national employment laws.
- Building candidate pipelines for tough to fill positions for designated client groups specifically middle Level/technical positions in relief/fragile context or as it pertains to assigned client groups.
- Build and maintain external networks, target NGO’s and companies and candidate lists for current and future openings.
- Remain up to date on sourcing skills, business and industry related topics and hiring trends, recruiting tools and benchmark best in class opportunities to provide talent identification and acquisition solutions.
- Subject matter expert on internet sourcing trends to create training for Talent Acquisition Team and/or other People and Culture Partnership staff.
- Participate in the creating and maintaining training materials such as Talent Mapping, Boolean Search strings to ensure all training is update with industry standards and trends.
- Engaging candidates in initial outreach for position and screening candidates for pipeline hard to fill roles as well as provide top talent to sourcing specialists.
Candidate Pipeline & Screening:
- Support recruiters to Develop and maintain multiple channels and networks to build a deep, diverse, and reliable sourcing pools from a specified country, group of countries or technical or functional areas. Proactively identify and develop effective sourcing strategies (e.g. networking contacts, system queries/searches, religious institutions, College/Universities presentations).
- Source potential candidates on LinkedIn and DevEx and also on other platforms. Work with assigned Sourcing Specialist on hard to fill roles as needed.
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates. Create advertisements and job postings using WVI guidelines and templates.
- Conduct effective screening, interviewing, and assessments for the best candidates for a position match using behavioural interviewing techniques as assigned by Senior recruiter
- Develop, build and maintain candidate relationships through ongoing communications regarding questions, updates and status during the interview process.
Recruitment Administration and Systems Support:
- Manage logistics and coordinate field interviews for short-listed candidates with hiring managers (e.g. manage interview schedules, travel and related information to both candidates and hiring offices).
- Conduct induction and New Hire paperwork process and follow-up (e.g. medicals, visas, travel, storage, induction paperwork, orientation to HR policies).
- Partner with International Recruiters to ensure Partnership-level new-hire orientation is provided to new hire prior to in-country arrival and/or start date.
- Conduct reference checks in support of Staffing Specialists supported
- Coordinate background screening (e.g. police, child protection, etc.) for short-listed candidates as required.
Ongoing, Exit & Transfer Support:
- Makes sure on boarding documents are submitted to GC office for payroll administration.
- Facilitate candidate travels by making sure they have visas and tickets
- Assist ISS to getting information about rehire status, building a data for those employees to be considered in future roles.
- Share feedback with ISS from existing as come to knowledge.
- Any other administrative duties assigned by Staffing Specialist.
- Perform diversified administrative and coordination duties that involve complex information.
- Answer general inquiries relating to international vacancies.
- Assist International Staffing Specialist with maintaining and updating applicant tracking system and other databases as required.
- Schedule and contribute to International Staffing team meetings, project meetings, and conference calls.
- Participate in projects as necessary and requested.
- Assist in logistics arrangements for Staffing team events as required.
- Attend and participate in Christian devotional/chapel services, as provided by hosting office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of recruiting and working in a high volume recruiting organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of 6 years of on the job training in recruitment or recruitment support activities.
- Experience in sourcing or social media sourcing for professional and technical positions.
- Demonstrated ability to use creative sourcing and networking skills to connect with talent in different professions.
- Successful skills and ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and ever-changing multinational organization.
- Certified social media sourcing training.
- The ability to operate within a geographically dispersed organization.
- Experience in international/global workforce context and possess cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Certification in Internet Recruiting, Social Talent or equivalent certification in sourcing.
- Targeted Selection certification or behavioural interviewing training.
- Working knowledge of Humanitarian INGO’s and knowledge of relief contexts.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to include experience in tracking recruitment outcomes/metrics.
- Expertise in advanced internet searching, candidate research, and cold-calling.
- Must be in full agreement and support of WV’s Core Values, along with spiritual maturity to evaluate candidate’s motivational fit for the organization.
- A self-starter who is driven to find the best candidates for the positions and can work in an environment with minimal supervision; team player, collaborator, and able to effectively network amongst all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Must have strong interpersonal, negotiation and oral/written communication skills – ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Second language such as Arabic, French or Portuguese is highly desirable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time. Travel is minimal, is whenever required.